Transfer from primary to secondary school can be a very daunting process. At Coombe Dean School we do everything in our power to make sure that it passes as smoothly as possible. Contact Mrs Gould on 01752 406961 for further information on any of the following:
Choosing Coombe Dean
- Our Year 4/5 Information Evening is on Thursday 13th June 2019 at 6.45pm
- Visits to Coombe Dean during the school day – by appointment (contact Mrs Nikki Gould on: 01752 482924)
- Senior staff visits to primary schools to meet with Year 6 pupils and parents – on request (primary school to contact Mrs Nikki Gould)
When you have chosen Coombe Dean
Applications to secondary school are managed by the Admissions Office of Plymouth City Council. Once places at Coombe Dean have been confirmed we will ensure ongoing communications between the school and home.
Parents and students will receive a letter with details of events from the school
- A senior member of staff will visit each primary school to speak with staff regarding each
individual student and to meet with the students.
- Where students have special educational needs, a member of the Coombe Dean SEN Leadership Team will additionally visit the primary school to meet with staff and students.
- All prospective students are invited to an Induction Day – this is their first opportunity
to experience a full day of secondary education
- New Intake Evening provides an opportunity for new parents and students to meet with
For further information on our transition programme, please telephone our Primary Liaison Coordinator, Mrs Nikki Gould, who will be able to answer all your questions.
Nikki can be contacted direct on 01752 482924.
Alternatively, please complete the form below and Nikki will respond as soon as possible: